Magento Tech Digest #10: April 1 - 9, 2018
Two weeks before Magento Imagine 2018. Are you ready? I will be happy to meet and chat. In the meantime, here is the new collection of the technical Magento resources. It includes Progressive Web Apps tutorials and videos, Magento 2 tutorials and announcements. If you are a Magento beginner and want to start working with Magento 1 or 2 this is a great chance to go through the links and find your next interesting article which will help to gain more knowledge and inspire you to build your own custom functionality.
I've added a new section called Progressive Web Application (PWA) which highlights all things PWA around Magento development.
News and Updates
I am heading to Magento Imagine with my Pronko Consulting team. We will be happy to catch up and discuss latest e-commerce trends and technologies around Magento 2.
- We are excited about the Magento Imagine 2018 by Pronko Consulting
The general section gives a couple of links for mastering your technical and non-technical Magento skill. Learn more about the certification experience and SEO strategies for Magento 2 platform.
- This 90-minute exam will make a Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer of you by Alina Bragina
- 5 Magento 2 SEO strategies to increase your website rankings by Pronko Consulting
- Magento Functional Testing Framework Overview by Stanislav Smovdorenko
- Magento 2 data migration tool by MageMaster
- Magento admin panel invalid form key by MageMaster
- Danielle Mundle Talks About the Awesome Magento Community and the Importance of UX for Magento Stores by Syed Muneeb Ul Hasan
- #MagentoMonday Community Digest 2018.04.02 by Sherrie Rohde
Progressive Web Application (PWA)
There are 2 interesting topics related to Progressive Web Apps. One is interview and the second one is about the reasons for choosing a PWA.
- 7 Reasons to Make your Magento Site a PWA by Izaak Crook
- Magento Q&A: Jamie Maria Schouren by Magento Commerce
Good portion of PHP blog posts were shared for Magento Tech Digest #10. One of the reasons is because Magento Community primarily PHP focused. I guess.
- How to Get Customer Information By Id in Magento 2? by BlogTreat
- How To Run Code From An External File/Script In Magento 2 by BlogTreat
- How to Enable/Disable Module in Magento 2 via Command Line by BlogTreat
- How to Enable Template Path Hints in Magento 2 by Denis Natalevich
- How to clean and flush cache programmatically in magento2 by MageComp
- Getting product collection in Magento 2 by MageHit
- Magento 2 ObjectManager Use Cases by FireBear Studio
- Latest Technical articles about Magento 2 by Alexandra Soloviova
- How A Product Image Is Generated In Magento by Degi Kwag
- View Models in Magento 1 and 2 by Fabian Schmengler
- Decorators for Magento Templates by Fabian Schmengler
- Essential Magento 2 Partial Reindexing by Patrick
- A Simple UI Component in Magento 2 by Max Pronko
Very interesting topic from Max regarding MySQL cache query.
- Magento + MySQL Query Cache: A Case Study by Max Chadwick
I've created a Magento 2 module which shows how to use an UI Component in Magento 2.
- mcspronko/magento-2-ui-component by Max Pronko
The Videos section dedicated to Magento topic grows. I am happy to share with you the following ones in the Magento Tech Digest #10.
- Community Engineering Hangouts - GraphQL edition by Magento Community Engineering
- PHP 7.2 support - weekly meeting, 5 Apr 2018 by Magento Community Engineering
- Update - Imagine, Magetalk Meetup, Cool US Agency Hiring by Commerce Hero
- Live: Imagine 2018, hosting Meet Magento Netherlands, and MageTalk Meetup by eCommerce-Aholic
- Using View Model PHP class in Magento 2 - Max Pronko (4K) by Max Pronko (Magento DevChannel)
Send me your interesting technical Magento resources in order to review and include them into the next Magento Tech Digests.