The Magento Tech Digest #14 is focused on Magento 1 and Magento 2 for PHP developers.
If you are a Magento beginner and want to start working with Magento 1 or 2 this is a great chance to go through the links and find your next interesting article which will help to gain more knowledge and inspire you to build your own custom functionality.
Magento Imagine 2018 Recap
For those of you who missed the greatest Magento Imagine 2018 this year, I’ve recorded 3 videos which cover all 4 days of the conference:
Days 3 and 4
- Editing the Magento Core For Fun and Profit by Joshua Warren
- 5 Things to Consider when Choosing the best Magento 2 Payment Gateway by Pronko Consulting
- Magento Solutions Partner, Comwrap, Collaborates with Magento on New Asynchronous Bulk API by Oleksandr Lyzun
- Magento 2 Shipping: Streamlined and pleasant experience for your customers by Pronko Consulting
- #MagentoMonday Community Digest 2018.04.30 by Sherrie Rohde
- How to Use Configuration Files in Magento 2: Utilize Configuration XML and Variables Scope by Aleksander Kutseika
- Backport: Magento 2 Emails Localization in Templates by Oleg Semenov
- Magento 2 certification: dependency injection [approach and architecture] by Stanislav Pomaleyko
- How to Add Extra New Column on Shopping Cart Page of Magento 2 by MageComp
- How to Override core code using Custom Plugin in Magento 2 by MageComp
- Magento 2 customer logged in or not by MageMaster
- Magento 1 get price after catalog price rule by MageMaster
- Magento 2 Virtual Types with namespaces by Jisse Reitsma
- Keeping Magento 2 Admin settings organised by Kristof Ringleff
- Magento 2 set layout controller by Qaisar Satti
- Customizing a tooltip template to allow HTML content in Magento 2 by Max Pronko
- Magento 2 – Product Collection by Chirag Dodia
The videos this week are focused on Magento hosting, Multi-Source Inventory feature in Magento 2, Web API presentation from the Magento Imagine 2018 conference and Imagine itself.
- Magento Web API, GraphQL and Async/Bulk API by Magento Community Engineering
- Magento Hosting with MageMojo – MojoStratus Cloud Hosting Platform by eCommerce-Aholic
- Magento 2 MSI Open Demo. May 4, 2018 by Igor Miniailo
- Magento Imagine Withdrawal by Commerce Hero
There is a poll running on Twitter from one of the Magento Architects regarding the MySQL version support for the future Magento 2 versions. Do you think the MySQL 5.6 support should be dropped for the next releases in favor of MySQL 5.7 and 8.0 compatibility?
Hey #Magento people, what do think, should #Magento2.3 drop support of #MySQL 5.6? Currently, we are still supporting it https://t.co/Ucr7z4iywE
If we drop, we can use MySQL 5.7+ features such as #JSON Data Type https://t.co/rRfjqHvSbT
— Igor Miniailo (@iminyaylo) May 6, 2018
Send me your interesting technical Magento resources in order to review and include them into the next Magento Tech Digests.
Max Pronko is an international Magento Expert, development consultant, motivational speaker and Magento award-winning developer. He is known for the educational development programs for organizations of all sizes and has positively affected thousands of people and organizations worldwide.
Subscribe to my Magento 2 tips and tutorials content.
Every week I send an interesting email directly to your inbox