Hi Magento Developers!
I am happy to share Magento Tech Digest #7.
News and Updates
- Public APIs in Magento 2.2 by Anton Kril
- Community Engineering Update – October 2017 by David Manners
- Varnish Cache Validation beginning 1/2/18 by etalbott
- Packagist Semver Checker by Alan Storm
- Introducing Magento Security Scan Tool: New Way to Enhance the Magento Store Security by AheadWorks
- A Story of an Individual PHP Composer Dependency Heck and how to Exorcise Said Heck by Alan Storm
- Marketplace Developer Diaries: Max Pronko by Magento Marketplace Team
- Marketplace Developer Diaries: BelVG by Magento Marketplace Team
- Marketplace Developer Diaries: Fooman by Magento Marketplace Team
- Magento Hosting Options by Isaiah Bollinger
- How to Use the Magento Design Fallback System by Sergey Samets
- Theming Related Directory Structure in Magento by David Narbutovich
- Improved Versioning for our Magento 2 Extensions by Kristof Ringleff
- Working faster with bin/magento by Kristof Ringleff
- A Look at CSS and Less in Magento 2 by Chris Nanninga
- Protect your store more with Magento Security Scan Tool by MageHit
- Creating and installing language pack in Magento 2 by MageHit
- How to Disable Add to Cart Button in Magento 2 by Syed Muneeb Ul Hasan
- How to Add Social Share Buttons in Magento 2 by Syed Muneeb Ul Hasan
- Detecting possible issues with serialized data after Magento 2.2 upgrade by Dmytro Cheshun
- Magento SUPEE-10415 security patch by Igor Furseev
- Module Initialization in Magento 2 by Gennadiy Haritonov
- Module Initialization in Magento 1 by Gennadiy Haritonov
- How to Implement Internationalization of Frontend Pages in Magento (CE+EE) by David Narbutovich
- How to Create SimpleXMLElement Object in Magento 2 by MageComp
- How to Install Magento SUPEE 10415 With or Without SSH by MageComp
- How to Modify Table Column Programmatically in Magento 2 by MageComp
- How Create Attribute Set Programmatically & Assign Attributes to It in Magento 2 by MageComp
- Creating a Shipping Method in Magento 2 by Richard Sisco
- Magento 2 – add sales_order column by MageMaster
- Magento 2 widgets – gallery widget explained by Igor Tikvic
- Improve Magento 2 performance with AWS CloudFront by Max Pronko
- PHP Meminfo and Memory Leaks by Alan Storm
- How to Manually Install Storefront Theme in Magento 2 by Max Pronko. In this tutorial, Max reviews available options on how 3rd party custom Storefront theme can be installed on Magento 2. We will install purchased Storefront theme manually.
- MSI Open Demo. November 17, 2017 by Igor Minyaylo. In this video the following topics are discussed: Sales Channels Mapping improvements (@vnayda @Bartłomiej Szymański). Migrate Single Stock Data From CatalogInventory to MSI SourceItems (@Bartłomiej Szymański). Introduce initial Inventory Configuration Module (@Yaroslav Rogoza). Code Quality Improvement, Stock assignment improvement (@andrew).
- MSI Open Demo. November 24, 2017 by Igor Minyaylo. Integration MSI with existing CatalogInventory code. Checkout @Bartłomiej Szymański The general strategy of CatalogInventory and MSI integration @iminiailo Static test which checks for required strict typing usage @Dwayne Hanekamp (presented by @vnayda) Fix to Replace strategy for SourceItem import and cover that with Integration test (@larsroettig) Introduce a link between Default Website and default Stock (did not work, because Default Website created with plain SQL query ) @Sinisa (presented by @iminiailo) Product Import. Qty field supposed to be handled by MSI APIs and saved to Default Source Item @joshcarter (presented by @iminiailo) ** Multi-Dimensional Indexes (@vnayda)
- MSI Open Demo. December 1, 2017 by Igor Minyaylo. Added configuration option for choosing between strong consistency and Eventual one. Presented by @Sinisa Integration story. Deleting MSI source item when legacy CatalogInventory stock item has been deleted. Presented by @Sinisa Product Import functionality. File format extended to support MSI data. Presented by @joshcarter Inventory Configuration introduced. (used for Low Stock notification story). Presented by @Yaroslav Rogoza
- danslo/CleanCheckout by Daniel Sloof. A drop-in replacement for the Magento 2 checkout.
- We invite developers to participate in Magento Contribution Day at Amasty! by Alina Bragina
- Magento 2 CleanCheckout Open Sourced by Alan Storm
If you see a TYPO or would like to share a link for the next Magento Tech Digest please send me an email or comment below. Thank you.
Max Pronko is an international Magento Expert, development consultant, motivational speaker and Magento award-winning developer. He is known for the educational development programs for organizations of all sizes and has positively affected thousands of people and organizations worldwide.
Subscribe to my Magento 2 tips and tutorials content.
Every week I send an interesting email directly to your inbox