Hi Magento Developers!
I am happy to share Magento Tech Digest #7.
News and Updates
- Public APIs in Magento 2.2 by Anton Kril
- Community Engineering Update – October 2017 by David Manners
- Varnish Cache Validation beginning 1/2/18 by etalbott
- Packagist Semver Checker by Alan Storm
- Introducing Magento Security Scan Tool: New Way to Enhance the Magento Store Security by AheadWorks
- A Story of an Individual PHP Composer Dependency Heck and how to Exorcise Said Heck by Alan Storm
- Marketplace Developer Diaries: Max Pronko by Magento Marketplace Team
- Marketplace Developer Diaries: BelVG by Magento Marketplace Team
- Marketplace Developer Diaries: Fooman by Magento Marketplace Team
- Magento Hosting Options by Isaiah Bollinger
- How to Use the Magento Design Fallback System by Sergey Samets
- Theming Related Directory Structure in Magento by David Narbutovich
- Improved Versioning for our Magento 2 Extensions by Kristof Ringleff
- Working faster with bin/magento by Kristof Ringleff
- A Look at CSS and Less in Magento 2 by Chris Nanninga
- Protect your store more with Magento Security Scan Tool by MageHit
- Creating and installing language pack in Magento 2 by MageHit
- How to Disable Add to Cart Button in Magento 2 by Syed Muneeb Ul Hasan
- How to Add Social Share Buttons in Magento 2 by Syed Muneeb Ul Hasan
- Detecting possible issues with serialized data after Magento 2.2 upgrade by Dmytro Cheshun
- Magento SUPEE-10415 security patch by Igor Furseev
- Module Initialization in Magento 2 by Gennadiy Haritonov
- Module Initialization in Magento 1 by Gennadiy Haritonov
- How to Implement Internationalization of Frontend Pages in Magento (CE+EE) by David Narbutovich
- How to Create SimpleXMLElement Object in Magento 2 by MageComp
- How to Install Magento SUPEE 10415 With or Without SSH by MageComp
- How to Modify Table Column Programmatically in Magento 2 by MageComp
- How Create Attribute Set Programmatically & Assign Attributes to It in Magento 2 by MageComp
- Creating a Shipping Method in Magento 2 by Richard Sisco
- Magento 2 – add sales_order column by MageMaster
- Magento 2 widgets – gallery widget explained by Igor Tikvic
- Improve Magento 2 performance with AWS CloudFront by Max Pronko
- PHP Meminfo and Memory Leaks by Alan Storm
- How to Manually Install Storefront Theme in Magento 2 by Max Pronko. In this tutorial, Max reviews available options on how 3rd party custom Storefront theme can be installed on Magento 2. We will install purchased Storefront theme manually.
- MSI Open Demo. November 17, 2017 by Igor Minyaylo. In this video the following topics are discussed: Sales Channels Mapping improvements (@vnayda @Bartłomiej Szymański). Migrate Single Stock Data From CatalogInventory to MSI SourceItems (@Bartłomiej Szymański). Introduce initial Inventory Configuration Module (@Yaroslav Rogoza). Code Quality Improvement, Stock assignment improvement (@andrew).
- MSI Open Demo. November 24, 2017 by Igor Minyaylo. Integration MSI with existing CatalogInventory code. Checkout @Bartłomiej Szymański The general strategy of CatalogInventory and MSI integration @iminiailo Static test which checks for required strict typing usage @Dwayne Hanekamp (presented by @vnayda) Fix to Replace strategy for SourceItem import and cover that with Integration test (@larsroettig) Introduce a link between Default Website and default Stock (did not work, because Default Website created with plain SQL query ) @Sinisa (presented by @iminiailo) Product Import. Qty field supposed to be handled by MSI APIs and saved to Default Source Item @joshcarter (presented by @iminiailo) ** Multi-Dimensional Indexes (@vnayda)
- MSI Open Demo. December 1, 2017 by Igor Minyaylo. Added configuration option for choosing between strong consistency and Eventual one. Presented by @Sinisa Integration story. Deleting MSI source item when legacy CatalogInventory stock item has been deleted. Presented by @Sinisa Product Import functionality. File format extended to support MSI data. Presented by @joshcarter Inventory Configuration introduced. (used for Low Stock notification story). Presented by @Yaroslav Rogoza
- danslo/CleanCheckout by Daniel Sloof. A drop-in replacement for the Magento 2 checkout.
- We invite developers to participate in Magento Contribution Day at Amasty! by Alina Bragina
- Magento 2 CleanCheckout Open Sourced by Alan Storm
If you see a TYPO or would like to share a link for the next Magento Tech Digest please send me an email or comment below. Thank you.