Hi Magento Developers!
I would like to share with you Magento Tech Digest #3. In this digest you can find new security releases for Magento 1 and Magento 2, interesting articles for Magento 2 development and as always list of TOP Magento 2 GitHub Pull Requests hand-picked by myself as most interesting ones.
News and Updates
- New Magento 2.1.9 and Magento 2.0.16 releases are now available for download.
- New Magento Commerce 220.127.116.11 and Magento Open Source 18.104.22.168 releases are ready for download. Read more at Magento Open Source Release Notes (1.9 and later)
- Magento 2.2 and above only supports PHP 7+ and is no longer compatible with HipHop Virtual Machine
- Regular Expression Cheat Sheet by Alan Storm
- Community Engineering Update – August 2017 by Max Yeakterynenko
- Introducing Magento PWA Studio by James Zetlen
- Why not start using Magento2 UI library, it’s easy and fun by Stanislav Mihic
- How to Show Payment Errors on the Checkout Payment Page in Magento 2 by Max Pronko
- PHP Property Type Hints For Security by Max Chadwick
- Using CVE-2016-4010’s POP Chain In Magento 1 by Max Chadwick
- How To Customize Magento Theme Using Layout XML by Sergey Samets
- Get PDF Files by Magento WebAPI by Christian Münch
- Magento Core Contribution Multi-Source Inventory Project by Lars Röttig
- Checkout Payment Improvements in the Magento 2.1.9 release by Max Pronko
- How I ended up touching Magento core by Alessandro Ronchi
- How to add a TinyMCE plugin to the Magento 2 WYSIWYG Editor by Marcel Hauri
- Magento 2 Recommendations for Developers from Magento Community by Max Pronko
- The Concept of Default Source and Domain Driven Design by Igor Miniailo
- MSI Open Demo. Test Coverage in Magento 2 by Igor Miniaylo
Magento 2 GitHub Pull Requests – Max’s TOP favorites
There is the absolute record set during Magento Contribution Day in Krakow, Poland, September 17, 2017. During Meet Magento Poland Magento team together with 40 developers fixed and created 25 pull requests.
— Max (@maksek_ua) September 17, 2017
Also, please view latest Pull Requests to Magento 2 project which I believe are most interesting and bring great value to the platform:
- #10918 Created memory efficient iterator for importexport_importdata table by diwipl. This pull request addresses huge memory usage during importing huge list of products. The 1 500 000 entities import should easily run on 8GB RAM server or less.
- #10414 – Add ability to load block and pages by identifiers by damiantomczak. This is a very interesting improvement for the CMS blocks and CMS pages management. New Service API has been added. Now, developers can load a page instance by using the Magento\Cms\Api\PageManagementInterface interface. Same with loading blocks, the Magento\Cms\Api\BlockManagementInterface interface provides getByIdentifier() method to load block.
- #10771 Code generate: support variadic parameter by Evgeniy Kalashnikov. This improvement adds variadic parameter support for the auto-generated code. Now it is possible to create a plugin for the method which looks like get($path, …$objects).
This is all for the Magento Tech Digest #3. Let me know in comments below if I missed an interesting technical post. In case you would like to contribute to the next Magento Tech Digest please send me a message with your proposed link.
Read Magento Tech Digest #2 for the previous collection of Magento technical tutorials.
Max Pronko is an international Magento Expert, development consultant, motivational speaker and Magento award-winning developer. He is known for the educational development programs for organizations of all sizes and has positively affected thousands of people and organizations worldwide.
Subscribe to my Magento 2 tips and tutorials content.
Every week I send an interesting email directly to your inbox